Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Visualize your future (the global perspective)

The future is so bright you’ll need shades!

Hi, I am Lou Greenwald, Lasell College’s Associate Director of International and Multicultural Admission, and I am responsible for recruiting students from around the Globe to Lasell College. I have traveled to over 70 countries meeting with students and families. My journeys have taken me around the world several times. It never gets boring! I have witnessed many different cultures and have been lucky enough to visit some of the most significant landmarks on the planet.

Students come to Lasell from 26 different states and over 22 different foreign countries, and this number continues to grow as our global recruitment expands. Lasell has been recognized by several governments and ministries of education, this recognition paves the way for international students to enroll at Lasell College.

Curious where I travel?

This is the Burj Al Arab at Jumeirah beach in Dubai. It is considered the most luxurious hotel in the world. It boasts a 7-star rating and has a tennis court/helicopter pad on the top floor. I have never stayed at the Burj, but as you can see I have taken many pictures of it. Dubai is a very diverse city. It has cutting edge architecture and has one of the most impressive skylines in the world. Lasell College now enrolls students from the United Arab Emirates, therefore I know I will be returning to Dubai in the future.


This is a picture of a wadi, which is the Arabic term for valley. This wadi campsite is in the country of Oman. I stayed at this wadi for an evening. It was extremely hot. I actually slept outside on a platform made of teak wood. It was so bright at night you could read a book by the star light!

Each year, students travel from around the world to study at Lasell College. Additionally, Lasell students have the opportunity to spend a semester or two, or a summer abroad. Lasell College has a home based tuition model, which means the tuition and fees you pay at Lasell is the same amount that you pay when you study abroad. The only other real expense is the air fare and money for shopping! Ireland, Australia, France, Italy and Russia are just a few of the popular destinations that Lasell students travel to.

Paris is considered the city of lights. Lasell College students are currently participating in two week seminars in Paris. Last year, students traveled to both Paris and Milan. These enriching trips help to further the Lasell philosophy of “connected learning.” What better way to learn about fashion than a seminar in Paris or Milan?
To learn more about applying to Lasell College as an international candidate, visit the International Admission Process or I encourage you to Skype "Lasell College". Yes, Lasell is on Skype, a free social networking site that provides voice and video "real-time" over the internet. I would love to have a face to face chat with you and tell you more about Lasell. If you would like to connect with Lasell College on Skype, set up a Skype account today and search for Lasell College. Additionally, if you are curious where I will be traveling this fall, follow my Fall Travel Schedule.

No comments: